At Paris Air Show 2015, Rafael Unveils for the First Time I-Derby ER Active Radar Air-to-Air Missile

a

Paris Air Show 2015
International Paris Air Show
15 - 21 June 2015
Paris - Le Bourget, France

At Paris Air Show 2015, Rafael Unveils for the First Time I-Derby ER Active Radar Air-to-Air Missile

I-Derby ER is a new air-to-air & surface-to-air missile featuring software-defined seeker and launching range of 100km, unveiled for the first time during Paris Air Show 2015. I-Derby ER is an innovative active radar air-to-air missile providing aircraft with outstanding and effective performance in short range up to long BVR intercepts.

At Paris Air Show 2015, Rafael Unveils for the First Time I-Derby ER Active Radar Air-to-Air Missile Rafael I-Derby ER missile showcases during Paris Air Show 2015

The missile incorporates the innovative I-Derby RF seeker, combined with a unique increase of kinematic performance, with launching range of 100 km.

The I-Derby ER is equipped with innovative building blocks, including a unique state-of-the-art, Rafael-made RF seeker, based on solid-state technology. The new seeker is Software-Defined, enabling full operational flexibility by controlling all functional parameters, including waveform and duty cycle, via software allowing a unique performance.

This capability facilitates upgrading missile performance against new emerging threats and enemy tactics, such as new EW threats or new airborne targets.

The I-Derby ER maintains legacy capabilities of Rafael's SPYDER air defense systems, and is designed for simplified integration on leading fighters, to include: F-16, F-15, Sukhoi-30, JAS-39 Gripen, Mirage-2000, LCA, and F/A-50.

I-Derby ER can be used as an interceptor in the combat-proven SPYDER Short and Medium Range Air Defense Systems.

The new missile is designed to fit inside an existing SPYDER-SR launcher. All SPYDER systems are designed to engage and destroy a wide spectrum of threats, such as fighter aircraft, helicopters, cruise missiles, UAVs and stand-off weapons.

I-Derby ER also contains advanced Electronic Counter-Counter Measures (ECCM) designed to meet the challenges of air combat in hostile environments and with its exceptional operational flexibility, it can be tailored to the customer's operational requirements.

I-Derby ER incorporates a dual-pulse rocket motor, trajectory shaping and data-link, providing the missile with an excellent kinematic capabilities and a complete information package on the selected target and other targets in close vicinity.